So Tim and I recently bought a big bag of organic potatoes – which I highly recommend… they have so much more flavor than regular potatoes! – and been eating them in creative ways. These fries which we made for lunch this afternoon were AMAZING! So I decided to share the not-so-difficult recipe with you.
- Take 2 or 3 potatoes & slice them as you wish
- Grease your baking pan with butter (or Pam if you prefer)
- Turn your oven to a high broil
- Brush some olive oil onto the fries & sprinkle salt & pepper on them
- Broil the fries until they are golden brown
- Remove the fries and flip them over; let them brown
- Remove from the oven & serve with a few spoonfuls of sour cream, green onions & freshly grated cheese
PS: In Canada, fries eaten with cheese curds & gravy are called poutine & are absolutely delectable! This is very close… but a few hundred calories off.